Thursday 24 July 2014

Meet My Dog

3 years ago I received a picture message of the most gorgeous looking dog I think I have ever seen. She is a Lhasa Apso who was looking for a new home. At only 3 months old she had already had 3 homes, I was never given a reason for this, but it's thought that because she has an extra toe she "isn't fit for breeding". This appalled me! I collected her a couple of hours after seeing the photo and she has been with me ever since.

vegan dog

I had only ever had one dog before Cherry and he passed away a few years ago, but he was more my Mum's responsibility than mine, so I was very nervous. What if I couldn't look after her? The first few days were an absolute nightmare, I had virtually no sleep as she was up all night crying and peeing on every square inch of the house. I was a mess, I ended up crying on the stairs thinking I'd made a huge mistake. I know I'm going to sound like a lunatic saying this, but I think she may have understood why I was a wreck 'cos she soon started behaving. 

It took a few months for her to be fully house trained (even though I was told she was before I picked her up), but after a few days she seemed right at home. She's so well behaved now, the only time she even makes a noise is when someone knocks the door, but I doubt I'll ever be able to stop her doing that as it's what her breed were used for. Apparently Lhasa Apso's were guard dogs in Tibet, used to alert monks in monasteries that someone was coming. For this one small issue I have no complaints.

I really couldn't imagine my life without her now, she's the best decision I ever made.

Do you have any fur babies? I'd love to hear about them!

Share:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Vegan Taff | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig