Saturday 12 July 2014

The British Tag

Scrolling through my You Tube subscriptions the other day, I came across this video by Helen Melonlady, The British Tag. I loved the questions asked so thought it might be fun to do it, especially as I am from Britain myself.


1.  How many cups of tea do you have a day and how many sugars?

I never drink tea, in fact the only hot drink I like is hot chocolate, and I only drink that a few times a year.

2.  Favourite part of your roast?

The stuffing, easily. Obviously I don't eat meat and only occasionally have a meat substitute so I usually have a load of stuffing instead. I've tried a few different ones but my favourite is Paxo sage and onion, you can't beat a classic.

3.  Favourite dunking biscuit?

Hob Nobs, they're perfect for dunking. The only slight downside is that the majority of your drink will be gone before you have a chance to drink any, but that's only because they soak it up like a sponge but rarely fall apart.

4.  Favourite quintessentially British pastime?

Going for a Sunday drive. When I had my car I would love nothing more than setting off with no destination in mind and seeing where I ended up. Often on my own, I would land in some really strange places not knowing how to get home again, but these drives have led to the discovery of some of my favourite places.

5.  Favourite word?

Cwtch. It's more of a Welsh word than British but I think it still counts. It means cuddle, but if you asked most Welsh people a cwtch and a cuddle differ slightly.

6.  Cockney rhyme slang?

I'm not a fan myself. I'm sure the odd bit of slang slips into my every day language without me even realising it, I know I say 'cream crackered' (meaning knackered), but I don't generally like to use it.

7.  Favourite sweet?

Ooh I'm not sure on this one. I love Jolly Ranchers but they're not British, and I love Starburst but I don't think they are either. I'll come back to this ... Love Hearts! How did I forget them when I can almost smell the factory from my window? I like that, if you suck them, they make your burps fizzy (I know, I'm such a lady).

8.  What would your pub be called?

The Angry Carrot and I would only serve vegan drinks and food.

9.  No. 1 British person?

Can I say my Mum? No, ok. It'll have to be Emma Watson then. In my opinion she's a great example of a young lady, and she's just been announced as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador.

10. Favourite shop / restaurant?

Superdrug. I love that I can go in there and buy almost everything I need make-up and beauty wise, and everything is so reasonably priced and cruelty-free.

11. What British song pops into your head?

Blur - Girls and Boys (link)


12. Marmite?

Absolutely not, vile stuff!

I've seen loads of beauty tags and summer tags going around, but this is the first one of this kind I have seen, so I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. It was created by the beautiful Beauty Crush on You Tube. If you do it too please leave me a link, I'd love to read it!

I tag:

Everyone reading this
Camila - Humanely Chic (I know you're not British but I'd love to read your answers anyway)
Jasmin - Jasmin Charlotte
Natalie - Girl Uninterpreted

If you're from the UK would your answers be the same as mine? If you're not, is there anything here that you're unfamiliar with?
Share:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Vegan Taff | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig